In my last post I had talked about the gear and build I used to progress through Inferno Act 2. Now I am going to share the gear and skills I used to destroy Belial. I was just not able to finish off Belial with the gear and build I had. I died a million times for two days and experimented with innumerable skill combinations. Finally, I had to buy a new weapon change my skills a bit. Then it was a piece of cake – I could kill without dying even once after the purchasing the weapon.
Also, there is a small strategy involved. Will explain that too.
My Gear and the Stats bonuses below:
Compared to my previous build the changes I had done:
- More +All Resistance gear
- More Vitality through gear
- A slightly better DPS weapon. I compromised on Crit Damage.
- Did away with Crit Chance and Crit Damage gear. It was not helping me in the fight with Belial for some reason.
The skills I had used to kill Belial below:
The skills explained:
- Primary Skill – Frenzy with Sidearm rune – Most essential until phase two of Belial since there are multiple monsters to deal with. Once Belial changes shape finally (phase 3) you could change rune to Maniac if you don’t mind losing your Nephalem Valor stacks.
- Secondary Skill – Wrath of the Berserker (WotB) with insanity rune. I used this only twice in the Belial kill. Once to overcome the Blue pack outside Belial door and once for the final hits of Belial. Basically, try and save this skill until Belial is below 15-25% life.
- Battle Rage with Marauder’s Rage rune – I used this skill again and again. You need this to deliver more DPS unless of course your base DPS is already very high.
- Revenge with Best Served Cold rune – this is an unexpected skill which I used and worked. It might have worked because I removed the Crit Chance attributes from my gear. The additional 10% Crit chance with the rune was very helpful.
- War Cry with Impunity rune – This was just awesome to minimize damage from Belial’s poison meteors.
- Threatening Shout with Terrify rune – I still don’t know if the rune choice helped. But the skill helped a lot to mitigate damage from Belial’s poison meteors.
- Superstition – Again an extremely useful skill to mitigate Belial’s poison meteors.
- Pound of Flesh – I was very reluctant to use this skill since I imagined I did not require additional health globes. It turned out I definitely required to use this rune against Belial.
- Nerves of Steel – Again an extremely useful skill to boost your armor.
Link to my build – http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WPRVkg!eab!aZaZcc
- Once Belial uses his meteors the 3rd time and 4th time it was becoming difficult to kill him. This time when I actually managed to kill him I did before the 3rd time.
- With the above gear, skills and attributes I had absolutely no problems until Belial 3rd stage. Actually I did not have problems until 3rd stage even with my previous gear and build.
- Once Belial takes true form, physical damage is not too much but it still helps to try and dodge so you can save your health for later.
- Do DPS all the time with a little bit of dodging until Belial starts the meteors. This is when you start running (kiting) around the meteors. Try and avoid as much of the meteors as possible. When I was unable to escape I used War Cry followed by Threatening Shout (3 and 4 on my skills bar). I did not use them simultaneously but one after another with at least 2-3 seconds in between them. This way, if you are skillful at dodging by the time Threatening shout is activated Belial should have stopped the meteors.
- Do the above 3 again and again until Belial comes to about 15-25% of his life. Then put on WotB and finish him off. Only use WotB AFTER Belial’s poison meteors. This is ABSOLUTELY important. You do NOT want to waste WotB while dodging. That is how I killed Belial.
- I have a small feeling that my new sword helped a lot since it had bleed damage.
Well, alright. All the best to folks. And below are my Battle Tags and Profile links. Add me so we can do some farming .
Battle Tag – MudharFakar#6552