August 10th 2012
In my last post I had talked about the gear and build I used to progress through Inferno Act 2. Now I am going to share the gear and skills I used to destroy Belial. I was just not able to finish off Belial with the gear and build I had. I died a million times for two days and experimented with innumerable skill combinations. Finally, I had to buy a new weapon change my skills a bit. Then it was a piece of cake – I could kill without dying even once after the purchasing the weapon.
Also, there is a small strategy involved. Will explain that too.
My Gear and the Stats bonuses below:
Compared to my previous build the changes I had done:
- More +All Resistance gear
- More Vitality through gear
- A slightly better DPS weapon. I compromised on Crit Damage.
- Did away with Crit Chance and Crit Damage gear. It was not helping me in the fight with Belial for some reason.
The skills I had used to kill Belial below:
The skills explained:
- Primary Skill – Frenzy with Sidearm rune – Most essential until phase two of Belial since there are multiple monsters to deal with. Once Belial changes shape finally (phase 3) you could change rune to Maniac if you don’t mind losing your Nephalem Valor stacks.
- Secondary Skill – Wrath of the Berserker (WotB) with insanity rune. I used this only twice in the Belial kill. Once to overcome the Blue pack outside Belial door and once for the final hits of Belial. Basically, try and save this skill until Belial is below 15-25% life.
- Battle Rage with Marauder’s Rage rune – I used this skill again and again. You need this to deliver more DPS unless of course your base DPS is already very high.
- Revenge with Best Served Cold rune – this is an unexpected skill which I used and worked. It might have worked because I removed the Crit Chance attributes from my gear. The additional 10% Crit chance with the rune was very helpful.
- War Cry with Impunity rune – This was just awesome to minimize damage from Belial’s poison meteors.
- Threatening Shout with Terrify rune – I still don’t know if the rune choice helped. But the skill helped a lot to mitigate damage from Belial’s poison meteors.
- Superstition – Again an extremely useful skill to mitigate Belial’s poison meteors.
- Pound of Flesh – I was very reluctant to use this skill since I imagined I did not require additional health globes. It turned out I definitely required to use this rune against Belial.
- Nerves of Steel – Again an extremely useful skill to boost your armor.
Link to my build – http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WPRVkg!eab!aZaZcc
- Once Belial uses his meteors the 3rd time and 4th time it was becoming difficult to kill him. This time when I actually managed to kill him I did before the 3rd time.
- With the above gear, skills and attributes I had absolutely no problems until Belial 3rd stage. Actually I did not have problems until 3rd stage even with my previous gear and build.
- Once Belial takes true form, physical damage is not too much but it still helps to try and dodge so you can save your health for later.
- Do DPS all the time with a little bit of dodging until Belial starts the meteors. This is when you start running (kiting) around the meteors. Try and avoid as much of the meteors as possible. When I was unable to escape I used War Cry followed by Threatening Shout (3 and 4 on my skills bar). I did not use them simultaneously but one after another with at least 2-3 seconds in between them. This way, if you are skillful at dodging by the time Threatening shout is activated Belial should have stopped the meteors.
- Do the above 3 again and again until Belial comes to about 15-25% of his life. Then put on WotB and finish him off. Only use WotB AFTER Belial’s poison meteors. This is ABSOLUTELY important. You do NOT want to waste WotB while dodging. That is how I killed Belial.
- I have a small feeling that my new sword helped a lot since it had bleed damage.
Well, alright. All the best to folks. And below are my Battle Tags and Profile links. Add me so we can do some farming .
Battle Tag – MudharFakar#6552
August 7th 2012
After a long wait for more than a decade Blizzard finally released Diablo 3 this year (old news now). There are positives and negatives in the latest edition of Diablo. Anyway, more on that later. This post is for the Barbs out there who are having issues with progressing through Inferno.
The current build I have has been experimented a thousand times (figuratively) and I have died hundred times (literally) to balance out my character. And still I die sometimes in Act 2 when fighting desecrators and the damned Arcane/Holy damage elites and champion packs. Bosses with above damage skills can be killed better if you can kill the minions first.
Screenshots of my current gear focused separately on Strength and All Resistance – just to show how much you require to complete Act 2 in Inferno difficulty. As per the videos I have seen from other players and being on the D3 forums I have experimented this build and looks confident to take on Belial. Only change you may require is to use Earthquake skills on your Right Click. Everything else should be fine.
This buld and gear is not for “Tank” build but a balanced build. You may have notices that survivability is no longer the number 1 concern, but survivability along with higher DPS.
Firstly, this is definitely NOT the best build. But this IS one of the cheapest builds for Inferno Acts 1 & 2.
- Main Hand Weapon – Get a 800+ DPS weapon with a socket – preferably a dagger or sword. We need speed here. We need to be really fast. Why? We are going to kill all the elites, champion packs and bosses withing 15 seconds. That’s correct, we want to finish them off within 15 seconds so that their rage timer does not come on. (Sometimes I am able to kill them even if the rage timer comes on, though).
- Off-Hand – I play with dual wield and with a shield. For Act 2 I am playing with a shiled because of its block rate. To start off try and get a Sacred Shield (even a blue will do) with a %block change and +All Resistance. If you can get some Strength and Vitality on the shield – awesome.
- Helm – Try and get a Helm of Command Legendary Helm with a socket. The Helm of Command has bonus block chance which is going to save your life plenty of times. The socket is required to put in a %Life Amethyst gem – again don’t compromise here.
- Rings and Amulets – I have concentrated on Crit Hit Chance on the jewelery. You could mix and match with +All Resistance as well as long as you have Crit Hit Chance somewhere else.
- Other Armor – For Shoulders, Chest, Pants and Boots try and get as much Strength and Vitality as is affordable to you. Totally you will have to have a minimum of 1000+ in Strength and 800+ in Vitality.
- Attributes I am missing due to higher costs
- Life on Hit and Life Steal % – These are extremely good attributes to have for Acts 3 & 4. Actually, I have been told it is going to be almost impossible to play higher acts without these attributes.
- Arcane / Holy Resistance and Fire Resistance – These two should be about a 100 higher than the other resistances. Unfortunately, not so in my case. I am looking to upgrade here.
And my skill sets for both elites and normal packs.
My next blog post should be about how to make the money to buy the above gear.
August 11th 2010
3 years of IndiBlogger and the blogger meets never end . That is the key motto that my full time friends at IndiBlogger tell me all the time. In tune with what we think, here comes one of the biggest IndiBlogger meets, in India’s commercial capital.
Mumbai, here we come!!!
- IndiBlogger celebrates 3 years of bridging bloggers and blogs – offline and online
- First time for us to have a blogger meet on our Independence day
- Lots of freebies (some secret and some usual )
- More crowd – expecting about 300 bloggers
- Meeting new bloggers, blogs, networking, learning, have a ball, and much more to be expected at the blogger meet.
I hope I will have time to meet all the Mumbai bloggers at the meet personally. Until then, Ciao!!!
April 19th 2010
Caption for this picture in a newspaper a few days back:
“BEACH BABES: Model Pia Trivedi gets her workout playing volleyball and (right) Candice Pinto”
And the picture of the whole article for an overview.
Is my mind really crooked or can others see the flipside too?
The Heat is definitely On!
November 16th 2009
by Anwin in Bangalore, Cool Stuff, Entertainment, Friends, Holidays, India, Personal, Pics tags: Anwin, crackers, diwali, diwali pics, firecrackers, fireworks, karthik, Nafisa
A little late I know, but the pics were just lying around and so…
There were showers of blessing that day, and badly ringing ears. We could hear firecrackers going boom all day and night.
Some crazy settings with my camera I suppose, and hence the light delay in the photograph. Cool effect.
A picture of one of our rockets taking off…
And some lights . UFO?