True to the expectations, Mr. Big concert was a real experience in Hard Rock, Metal and Rock music. It was a very tightly packed 2 hour musical affair at Palace Grounds last Saturday.
First we went off to the Foster’s Art of Chilling Poolside party at Lalit Ashok. There we ate a lot of awesome Beef steaks and Pork ribs. Yummmmm!!!
Then we went off to Mr. Big concert. When the lights began to change Mr. Big started the concert with a song we didn’t expect – Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy. Wow. That was the beginning of a very energetic and lively rock concert. Some of the songs they played are from my previous post about songs I wanted to hear at the concert – notably Just Take My Heart, Colorado Bulldog (that was freakin’ awesome), Wild World (Of, course), Green Tinted Sixties Mind, To Be With You, and some other songs like Temperamental.
Some highlights of the concert:
1) Eric (the singer) turned 49 that day and celebrated his birthday on stage with other band members, and us, the crowd
2) Billy Sheehan (Bassist and Founding member) and Paul Gilbert (guitarist) showed their guitar prowess at various times between songs and with solo performances.
3) Billy Sheehan picked up the mike and gave his bass guitar to Eric and went on to sing a cover of Deep Purple’s Smoke on the Water. Electric!!! Pat Torpey took the guitars while Paul took to drums for this part. Then Pat Torpey took the mike and started singing the remaining verse of Smoke on the Water. Very nicely done.
4) Mr. Bid did two encores… hehehehe. Anoop said they will definitely stay for two encores, and it came to pass. We loved it, even though we thought it weird
5) Above all, we got to enjoy an almost front seat after only paying for the 800 tickets. Why? Some rockers broke down the 800 / 1300 barrier for us. Ha ha ha ha ha!
What was my take out of the concert? 2 hours of non-stop rock, and lots of adventures before, during and after
A very low res video of Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert playing Guitar as if their lives depended on it