If I showed you this picture without the caption what will you think? I honestly had only one thought in my mind. Damn!
The above was the feature picture in the back of today’s edition of The Hindu. The picture looks as if Amitabh, Aishwarya and Abishek Bachchan are showing ‘a’ finger at the camera and it happens to be the middle finger where all three have seem to have got their voting marks.
Hmmm… interesting. I swear I checked other pictures in The Hindu today where everybody else got their voting marks on their index fingers. If you doubt me go check The Hindu dated May 01, 2009, Bangalore edition (I am not sure about the other States).
Or is this a ‘cool’ statement? I mean, like, ‘yoo hoo, power to the people’ and then show the fingers symbolising something? Or is it too much conspiracy theory?
Amid a lot of excitement and criticism we (India) have finally launched the Chandrayaan-1 unmanned mission to the moon. Oh man, how awesome that sounds. And proud to be an Indian – South Indian without knowing how to speak Hindi but an Indian nevertheless. Hehehehe, couldn’t resist that.
So, some interesting facts many people may or may not know about related to the launch.
- A mission to the moon – accomplished by only five other countries till date. Yeah baby!
- Chandrayaan-1 is supposed to orbit the Moon for two years and its main purpose would be to chart the moon’s mineral composition, searching for ice, and looking for helium-3.
- Two NASA instruments have also been launched with our spacecraft. The Moon Mineralogy Mapper will assess mineral resources, and the Miniature Synthetic Aperture Radar, or Mini-SAR, will map the polar regions and look for ice deposits.
- Also, three European Space Agency instruments are being carried by the Chandrayaan-1. The C1XS, an X-ray Spectrometer to get high-quality, X-ray spectroscopic mapping of the Moon, a near infrared spectrometer called SIR-2 to study the chemical composition of the Moons crust and mantle, and SARA, the Sub-keV Atom Reflecting Analyser which will study plasma-surface interactions in space for the first time.
- When humans (yoo hoo, I hope I am still alive then) do start visiting or living in space, we will be able to get to space on our own. Wow. This is science fiction stuff man.
- Chandrayaan-1 will gather Information on Helium-3 deposits, which will be useful for nuclear fusion research, and may be one of the answers to our energy problems.
- The successful launch seems to have already cleared the hurdles towards government funding of our
manon the moon plans. Yes, yes, yes. ‘Tis true.
- Such a mission will provide the needed thrust to basic science and engineering research in the country including new challenges to ISRO to go beyond the geostationary orbit. My dad wanted me to become a scientist. I am no way near a scientist status now. Maybe, my kids?
- Such a project will also help bringing in young talents to the arena of fundamental research. We need a lot more researchers than we have right now. Nobody can call himself a proper techie (this goes for all you so called techies around without the drive and time to do a lot of research. And by research I do not mean browsing on the internet and reading up information.)
- There are clear commercial gains. ISRO already has a subsidiary called Antrix (from “Antariksha” = space) which provides services for commercial launch of satellites and payloads into orbit. This is a futuristic name and I can already see India doing pioneering work in the future with regards to space exploration and space settlements.
Had a great beach party at Anand’s beach house back in my hometown, Nagercoil. The Chows were there except for, the spanner king, Renie. Hehehehe! (Anoop went ahead and got himself a temporary tattoo of a spanner on his arm as a reminder for himself about Renie.)
Had a pre wedding party with relatives visiting. The above picture is one taken with my bro and some of my cousins.
Went ahead and got married.
Went to Veli in Trivandrum and took some random pics.
(Photo to be uploaded)
Went to the Trivandrum zoo and took a video of a spectacled cobra shedding skin. At the beginning of the video you will see the snake shedding the last piece from the tail. Very excited, shiny and smooth it looked after shedding the skin.
(Video to be uploaded)
Visited the Crocodile Bank in Madras with Renie. It was awesome.
Came back home to Bangalore entering a new life with Nafisa. Well.
More than the news about the attach, which I don’t give a damn for as long as Noel Gallagher is alive and can play guitar, the news by itself about the band was awesome. Why? Because Oasis is one if my favorite bands it is great to know that they are still around and playing concerts.
I mean it is quite some time since their last studio recorded album. So when I checked out Wikipedia I learnt that they are coming out with a brand new studio album in October this year. Wow.
Read more about Dig Out Your Soul here.