April 10th 2011
An interesting post found on the web this week.
Monkeys Using Calculators
A very interesting take on cricket commentators and their inkling towards giving ‘predictions’ based on sketchy or rather less sample of data available.
Loved this – “One of the lessons I’ve learnt as a poker player—and it applies generally to life as well—is that the quality of your decisions should not be judged by their outcomes. In the short term, too many variables determine the outcome of any action, beyond just the action itself.”
Found at India Uncut blog.
July 7th 2010
Yes, as I suspected Germany ousted Argentina in the World cup 2010 quarterfinals. I was sad, pissed and dejected after the match.
But all the news articles about Argentina and how it has faced the bitter truth has helped me get over the defeat.
Why? Because, when you support someone or something you have to go all the way, through defeats and wins. He he.
So, bye bye Argentina. In 2014 I will be supporting you again.
June 23rd 2010
Finally, after almost 2 decades (as much as I remember) Argentina seems to be fielding an awesome team. How many years have I waited for this moment? Just to see my favorite team play like champions and not like some second rate team labeled as ‘also favorites’.
Phew! And now I am not worried if Argentina loses in the knockout stages, but I will be heavily DISAPPOINTED if they lose. Ah!
My three stars of the Argentine team:
1) Lionel Messi – the explosive and incredibly talented forward and playmaker for Argentina. What will we do without you, dude?
2) Diego Maradona – the legendary Argentine forward and a demi-god for soccrer fans and soccer players all over the world. Without your charismatic and eccentric leadership Argentina has but a smaller percentage chance of lifting the Fifa World Cup 2010.
3) Gonzalo Higuain – I never believed it until I saw him drive in the goals in the last two matches. A goal poacher who rarely misses, finds his sweet spot just in time for the Fifa World Cup 2010. I know how valuable it is to have a really good goal scorer in a soccer team. They are the ones who have the natural instinct to help the football find the net. Brilliant!
Special note: Carloz Tevez – This man will do MAGIC along with Messi and have the potential to become the unbeatable duo in Argentine football history.
Fifa.com has the latest news and photos of Argentina at this LINK.
July 12th 2009
At last. At last. At last.
I have been playing Diablo 2 for about 9-10 years now and I have never played in nightmare level. Until now. These last few months I have been playing on and off with an Assassin character in nightmare level. It was tough in the beginning and then irritating at times as the game progresses. Why irritating? Because, if you are not careful your character will die and you will lose experience points. That’s why? Why losing experience points is bad? Because your level ups will take more time. Simple!!!
Anyways, I did the job with the following equipment and character:
- Level: 67
- Strength: 172
- Dexterity: 191
- Vitality: 93
- Mana: 26
- Attack Damage: 211-529
- Attack Rating: 1248
- Life: 490
Weapon: Cruel Scissors Katar of Storms – Magic Item:
- One-Hand Damage: 32 to 60
- Adds 5-59 Lightning Damage
Armor: Gemmed Full Plate Mail – ‘OrtRal’ – 3 socketed:
- Defense: 154
- Lightning Resist: 30%
- Fire Resist: 30%
- 24% Better Chance of getting Magic Items
Gauntlets – Eagle Claw – Rare Item:
- +6 To Strength
- +7 To Dexterity
- Replenish Life +3
- Lightning Resist +17%
- Fire Resist +7%
Cobalt Plated Belt of Spikes – Magic Item: (Wish I had a better belt)
- Cold Resist: +30%
- Attacker Takes Damage of 5
Nafisa’s Naj’s Circlet – Personalized Set Item and socketed by Larzuk in Act 5 Nightmare:
- Defense: 105
- 12% Chance To Cast Level 5 Chain Lightning When Struck
- Adds 25-35 Fire Damage
- +15 To Strength
- 24% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
Stormguild – Large Shield – Unique Item:
- Defense: 53
- 30% Increased Chance Of Blocking
- Adds 1-6 Lightning Damage
- Lightning Resist: +25%
- Attacker Takes Lightning Damage Of 3
Crimson Amulet of Perfection – Magic Item:
- +17 To Dexterity
- Fire Resist: +7%
Beast Circle – Ring – Rare Item:
- +15 To Attack Rating
- +23 To Mana
- Cold Resist +30%
- 9% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
Skull Finger – Ring – Rare Item:
- +1 To Maximum Damage
- +10 To Attack Rating
- 3% Mana Stolen Per Hit
- Lightning Resist +17%
- Fire Resist +15%
And now I am in Hell level, which I have never ever even attempted playing. Here I come Diablo and Baal. Die by my hands.
August 11th 2008
Ah, what a great news this is. At last. After such a long time. It feels good to know that we can give other people a run for their money at other sports. When I mean other sports I mean other than cricket and hockey.
From official Beijing Olympics site
(BEIJING, August 11) — India’s Abhinav Bindra won the gold medal in the Men’s 10m Air Rifle in Beijing on August 11 with an incredible performance in the final. Bindra shot a total score of 700.5.
Hakkinen’s (bronze) performance in the final was solid, but it needed to be better. He averaged 10.14 per shot in the final, compared to Bindra’s 10.45.